Tuesday, June 06, 2006

One in a million

Yesterday saw the passing of a wonderful Lady, with whom I had the pleasure of working with, during my time with Lattelekom.

Baiba Paegle was the most amazing Lady, always with a smile, that could light up a room, and a work ethic that was second to none.

Baiba had suffered from Cancer for a number of months, indeed years, but in recent months it ravaged her, and although it is some time since I last saw her , I have no doubt that within her, the spirit was as strong as ever, but the disease had long since overcome her bodies ability to fight it.

She will be remembered by many, but for me she will always be the Lady who gave Latvia the finest Directory Enquiry / Information Service in the world - 118, and inspired so many within Lattelekom to seek to better themselves and to provide a service that they could be proud of.

So Baiba this evening I will toast your life, and I will endeavour to bring you, your favourite tipple when I join with your family, friends, and work colleagues to celebrate your life on Thursday.

You will always be one my fondest memories of my time in Latvia

1 Comments:

Blogger Paulo Gama said...

HI FROM PORTUGAL
NICE BLOG ~
VISIT ME ON MY BLOG TOO
:)

1:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home