Thursday, June 01, 2006

It must be True ?

Well now that S.... (Welsh,and plays with plastic bits) and his good Lady (A... and does not like heights) have both stated that I am becoming a grumpy old man - I guess there must be some degree of truth in it so hear are some thoughts of apparently other grumpy old men....

Death
Funeral Instructions: No fuss or bother. Above all, minimal cost. If you can get away with digging a hole in your back garden then do so. Alternatively, have me stuffed and placed in your living room as a conversation piece. (If I am holding a tray people can put things on me.)

[From the Last Will of Martin Jabez Leese]

When I go, just skin me and put me on top of Trigger.[Roy Rogers, ]


This dying is boring.[The last words of Richard Feynman]

Life
One never feels alone when one is wearing squeaky shoes. [Martin Leese]
Life is shit organised by bastards. [From Grumpy Old Men by Stuart Prebble, 2004]
The meaning of life is that it ends. [Franz Kafka, 1883 to 1924]
Life is like a shit sandwich from which one is required to take a daily bite.
Life is like a joss stick; it stinks and then it's over.
Favour moves that increase options; shy from moves that end well but require cutting off choices; work from strong positions that have many ajoining strong positions.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. But so was yesterday, and look how you messed that up.
Listen: We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
[Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut, 1997]
I feel like a lost sock in the Laundromat of oblivion.
I don't like to face problems head on.I think the best way to solve problems is to avoid them.This is a distinct philosophy of mine.No problem is so big or so complicated that it can't be run away from!
[Copyright © Charlie Brown]
That's one of the remarkable things about life. It's never so bad that it can't get worse.[From The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson, 1990]
Someone in the world has to have bad luck so that the rest of us can enjoy happy and fulfilled lives.
If I had known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation
. [From Walden by Henry David Thoreau, 1854]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home