Monday, April 18, 2011

A new age dawns !

Today saw me reach what is often referred to as a pensionable age or as our American cousins would call us "Seniors" - I attained the age of 65 !!

As we get older we sometimes begin to doubt our ability to "make a difference" in the world.

It is at these times that our hopes are boosted by the remarkable achievements of other "seniors" who have found the courage to take on challenges that would make many of us wither.

Harold Schlumberg is such a person:



THIS IS A QUOTE FROM HAROLD:

"I have often been asked, 'What do you do now that you're retired?'

Well...I am fortunate to have a chemical engineering background and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine and whiskey into urine.. It's rewarding, uplifting, satisfying and fulfilling. I do it every day and I really enjoy it."


Harold should be an inspiration to us all of pensionable age.

Now I am no chemical engineer, but having just celebrated my "coming of age" with a few beers I have no doubt that in the wee hours of Wednesday I took will undertake the miracle of chemical conversion.

So to those who were kind enough to send their best wishes -many, many thanks, and I look forward to keeping you uptodate with my reflections on life in Riga - which as best I can will always be positive.

For me every day is a new day to celebrate life, and with forthcoming birth of a new grandchild, I cannot wait to see what the future might bring, who knows maybe there is a company out there who values experience over age ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home